Friday, June 23, 2006

June 23rd Bits

Todd Bertuzzi was traded to the Florida Panthers

I think this was a wise move for both the Canucks and Bertuzzi as the Steve Moore incident will always be hanging over his head no matter how long he plays or where his career in the NHL takes him. Florida is not Canada, and he has a much better shot at making a fresh start down there then in Vancouver or anywhere else in Canada. I wish him all the best in Florida.

---------
Foreign Affairs Minister Peter MacKay does the right thing.

His response to the Iranian Justice Ministers claim of libel is classic.

"Take me to court. Come to Canada and face it in the justice system, if that's what he believes. I don't put a lot of faith in what the Iranian justice minister has to say, frankly."

This government continues to do the right thing and I think everyday more and more people are seeing the differences between how it is now vs how it was for 13 years of Liberal rule. Standing up for Canada was not just an election slogan.

-----------
I do not care what standards you are using, I doubt anyone could honestly grade the Liberals as being an effective opposition so far. They are in disarray and I do believe that it is going to get much worse before it gets better for the LPC.
--------------
I understand that there might be some added costs with this rare type of situation, but I have just one question.
Just how many times did Mr.Martin show up in Parliament this past session?
More pay for less work. Buzz would be proud

1 comment:

foottothefire said...

peter McKay standing up for Canada? Wow. You come cheap.